Saturday, August 19, 2006

Too much of a good thing...life

I know, I have not posted anything in months. Not because my life has been static, just the opposite. The mundane world has kept me so busy that the virtual computer scene is not high on my list of priorities. But I am going thru a bit of down time now, thanks to a tumble off one of my horses last weekend. After 5 hours in the emergency room, and a trip to the orthopedic doc, the diagnosis is a seperated shoulder and a hairline fracture of my collar bone. Lovely.

Before this incident, however, I have been one happy camper. A couple of people who I missed dearly have drifted back into my life, and even though it is not as it once was, its nice. Frustrating, but nice. I have picked up my music again, and my fingers and wrists are sore from contortionistic stretches on the keyboard and guitars.

The crappiest thing about this shoulder is that it is keeping me off the horses. Until the accident, I had been riding at least once, if not twice, a day. I was at the barn this morning, and the sight of horse butts walking off into the distance, sans me, was a real bummer. But if that's all I can complain about right now, hell, I suppose I am still one lucky girl. One lucky girl with a refillable prescription for Vicodin. No need to suffer too much, right?

No comments: