Friday, January 26, 2007

Music to inspire the muse


There is a direct connection between what music I am listening to and what my paintings turn out to be. Lovely, soft, introspective music inspires lovely, soft, introspective paintings. Rock produces more dramatic things...more color, more movement, more fun (in my opinion). The blues churn out something in between. I don't listen to rap or, GODDESS FORBID, disco....( I had to live thru that era, and am NOT going back). I don't have much of a selection of country music either, and classical, well, that would put me to sleep.

I want to paint this morning. Clapton, the Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd and to continue the retro theme, maybe some Cars. I heard Let The Good Times Roll yesterday, and it's still tripping thru my head.

I know, its only rock and roll.....

2 comments:

The Dream said...

... but i like it, like it, yes i do. Rap is crap (mostly); country is just painful (except Patsy Cline); classical can work for me, at times. I LOVE your studio. Once in there, I would have a lot of trouble tearing myself away.

Anonymous said...

rats - Eileen took my comment: "but I like it, like it" etc. And then there's that Doonesbury comic with D listening to something from the 60s and the caption: and we thought we were really rocking then.... =]