Monday, April 16, 2007

I am just a monkey man.....



Glad you are a monkey woman, too.

This is Monty. Short for Montgomery.

He has been sitting in my studio for weeks, unfinished. It took a sharp knife and some Class 3 narcotics to whittle him down to something I could deal with. I couldn't get my head around the whole original torso/shoulder thing. And I needed to wait until the muse kicked in. She has been missing lately. Monkey butt inspiration does not come easy.

The tattoo is the chinese zodiac sign for monkey. And I suppose if you must have a monkey on your back, ink is not a bad option.

I have a sudden urge for a banana now . . . . you're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you.

Words by former bedmates Carly Simon and Mick Jagger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! a song I know the words to:
"don't you don't you don't you...I hear you went down to {Saraotga?} to see a total eclips of the sun...
=]
love the ink - is that the new process?

bat_outta_hell said...

New process, yes. It took me three attempts of repainting and transfers in the trash. My next little adventure will be trying it on painted canvas. Once you get the specifics down, and there are several, this gives the best results so far.

The Dream said...

Do the Monkey!

Make me an angel
that flies from Montgomry
Make me a poster
of an old rodeo

I know what would look GREAT on that bum ...

Back in the studio - cool.