Sunday, April 01, 2007

Rock And Roll Hoochie Koo

Last nite I did something I have not done in years. Went to a bar with the express purpose of drinking beer and listening to some very loud rock and roll. And to dance with every man who was under 35.

Here is what I don't understand. For the majority of the music, men in ball caps were lined up at the bar, watching women dance with other women. Why is this? Why don't these men march right out there, interject themselves, and meet some of these lonely hearts who do not have a dance partner? And why don't these women ask these men to dance? I had no problem doing that..... Mister I Wouldn't Be Caught Dead In A Ball Cap doesn't dance.

Anyway, I had a kick ass time. I knew about a zillion people there, including the guitarist, who is my very best friend. And when I was not being Miss Twinkle Toes (with a partner of the opposite sex) I had the pleasure of watching all this amusement.

The bar scene...not much has changed in the close to four decades I have been experiencing it.

Lordy mama, light my fuse.

10 comments:

The Dream said...

My man doesn't like to dance (and would never in a million years where a baseball cap), so I'll either drag people (either sex, any age will do) out onto the floor with me OR I'll fly solo. If the music is rockin' I can't sit still.

How was the first ride on your new saddle?

bat_outta_hell said...

The saddle is good..but squeaky leathery. I'll work on that with some oil.

The band, Crewe, was SO good...I am having a party so they can come play for me.

Mister Scotty Guitar Player used to be in a band that played in Solomons. One night, he persuaded me (plied me with liquor) to get up on stage at Bowens Inn and sing. We also did a party, him on guitar and me on tamborine and vocals..we were known as Dead Elvis. THANK GODDESS those days are over.

I think I have a picture of the Dead Elvis gig...I should find it.

The Dream said...

Cool! I'm SO THERE!

I'll bet you had fantastic stage presence! I, too, was a requested singer and constant mover back in the day ... ok, yeah, well i'm still a mover.

Thanks again for the delicious photo - bahahahahaha!!!!!!

bat_outta_hell said...

Mister Naked Boy could not explain the photo either. I wonder if we ever got around to grilling anything?

The Dream said...

food? when the show of shows was going on?! the boys better be good to us, or that baby is going poster size!

all i know is that i want to go back to the BVI and be Miss Naked Girl - NOW!

bat_outta_hell said...

I'll be back in the Virgin Islands in 25 days. In all my nakedness. We have arranged to ride with the British Riding Society there. Packing snorkeling gear and leather boots.

And he WILL wear pants in the saddle.

The Dream said...

hey, you both really need to get godiva on THAT deal!

bat_outta_hell said...

Godiva...as in Lady, and as in chocolate. Hopefully, at the same time. I've been Godiva'd...

The Dream said...

hey, wait a minute, i always thought it was KOOCHIE-Koo!

chocolate while riding naked ... a winning combo!

Anonymous said...

I met my man on the dance floor.