Monday, April 23, 2007

Tell me why.....

I have received a lot of comments about my last post, both online and by those who want to remain anonymous. Cowards. These words are directed towards those who choose to speak their minds yet remain nameless.

This occurs to me....a drunk driver or a drug addict behind the wheel of a car has a much greater chance of killing some innocent person than I do, owning a registered gun for self protection against someone who is threatening my life.

The drunk and the addict get sympathy...those poor, poor sick and misguided people. We have to understand their addiction and pray for them. I get called a killer and a war monger. Even though my owing a gun has NOTHING to do with war. Or with politics.

The drunk and the addict affect peoples lives every day...their family being the most devastated. Hopefully, NO ONE will ever be affected by the guns in my house.

I think a bit of Neil Young is in order.

Is it hard to make
arrangements with yourself,
When you're old enough to repay
but young enough to sell?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey - you ok? just busy? being awfully quiet...

bat_outta_hell said...

Just got home from a week of sun, rum and sand in the islands with #1. So I guess I was busy. The best kind of busy.

The Dream said...

Well alright ... welcome back! Didn't know if you would be in St. Thomas for an extra seven or not.

bat_outta_hell said...

Ei,

No, I decided to come home with John. He is getting ready for a race in CA, and I didn't want our traveling paths to cross. I shall be back to normal in a couple of days. Maybe. If there is such a thing.

The Dream said...

Hahaha - well, welcome home! Looking forward to hearing all about the BVI wonderfulness. You must be SO tan!