Monday, March 12, 2007

Mo' Better Blues


I was going to resume my daily ramblings today. But I am sick. Not the sniffly sneezy sick. The goo spewing, head exploding, gut retching sick. I don't just get a cold, I get the flu. I don't just get an infection, I get some alien mutant virus type thing trying to take over my entire body. I have been on the couch for 2 days now. Changed clothes once. Eaten nothing. Feel like crap. And get this. You would think that after going thru what I refer to as a very successful pharmaceutical period in my life, OTC cold medicines WOULD NOT effect me like I was dropping acid. The Tolerant One (and HE IS) found me this morning in the kitchen doing an Elvis impersonation, singing a song about space monkeys.

Last nite, as Mister Tolerant (and HE IS) was heading up to bed, he kissed me on the forehead, tentatively, so as not to catch any germs and said " You'll be mo' better in the morning, babe."

I am not mo' better. I am mo' sick.

2 comments:

The Dream said...

Elllllvis, sorry to hear that you are still grotesquely ill. I'm off to a meeting this morning, but if you need me to pick anything up for you, leave a message on my cell. I'll be done at 11:30 ish. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Oh crap- I read these last few posts after the current one. That sucks bigtime that you have the flu. Since I'm late in reading this, hope you're on the mend but I see it's only been 4 days though and the flu takes much longer to kick than that.
Hope your guy pampers you with whatever eases this crud. (I'm hinting at more than a kiss on the forehead, not meaning rocking the bedsprings- more like spongebathing you so you feel better, massaging your aching muscles- Uh, can he cook? Tell him to make you homemade chicken soup. If he can't or you can't hold it down, then clear broth, jello, tea- you probably know the bit. You need fluids. WIsh the OTC stuff was working to unclog you.