Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Baby did a bad bad thing...


New torso in progress. Only problem, Miss I Am In A Hurry yesterday morning did not put the plastic wrap on the form first. I used a new goo mixture, which has now dried and is totally un-removable. I get to spend the morning chipping it off. Brings to mind the term "hard as a rock" ( NO, not THAT connotation..don't be a guttermind).

My first idea was to put the whole thing in the tub, and soak it off. Then I thought about how I was going to explain to Mister What Were You Thinking how I clogged up the plumbing. Then I figured I would haul it outside, and turn the hose on it. Big glitch..the outside water is turned off. New and final plan, to spread out old sheets in the living room and just go at it. Space in the studio is limited, and is already a disaster. This is gonna make a big mess.

The good thing about today is that Miss Ei and I are spending the afternoon dealing with hoof trims and new shoes for the horses. Equine podiatry. Horses who are absolutely filthy from the rain and the mud. So she and I are going to the barn, rolling in the hay, and getting dirty. (guttermind)

I am going back to bed for awhile. After I get a morning dose of Mister Isaak. Goddess, DON'T I WISH......

You ever love someone so much you thought your little heart was gonna break in two?
I didn't think so.
You ever tried with all your heart and soul to get you lover back to you?
I wanna hope so.
You ever pray with all your heart and soul just to watch her walk away?

6 comments:

The Dream said...

"roll, roll, roll in da hay"

You could always just have a free standing sculpture ... and let's face it, boys in the round are fun to have around! see you at 2 "Badi"

Gel said...

Oh Gawwd, BTDT- frustrating as (yeah that.) Glad you thought of a way to attack fixing it later. Good timing that Ei is coming over. TIme away from (that)torso lol) will let your creativity flow or whack (don't be a guttermind ROFLMAO) away the mess.
Wellll, hope that magic morning rock and rolling happened...

bat_outta_hell said...

Ei,
I was not going to sacrifice the torso form. Goo and paper and tape come cheap. Men with tight asses like that one don't.

The Dream said...

it's all about the ass!

Anonymous said...

in the Living Room?!!!! And I thought *I* was spread out all over the place (and yes I understand that "what WERE you thinking" part). I'm plaster casting in the basement. I need more roles of plaster casting. This big piece I'm doing is going to be expensive. Sigh. She needs about 2 more layers at least....what kind of goo are you putting on yours? perhaps I could switch to that now that I have one layer down - is it expensive?

bat_outta_hell said...

Tammy..

I am using Plaster Bandage from Dick Blick. It's cheap. Michaels has something similar, but I bought them out the other day. I like this stuff...it comes in a roll, you cut it into strips, dip it into a bowl of water, and slap it on the form. Wet hands and a bit of massage action makes it less gauzy looking. It dries fast, and is relatively rigid. On the one I am doing now, I think I will put a layer of the instant paper mache on top...I like the surface it gives. The tape can come out looking very mummy like.