Thursday, February 08, 2007

Don't you know that you are a shooting star...

This is as good place to vent as any. Over a month ago, I ordered a custom pair of riding pants. They got the color right, and the little suede star on the butt, but when I got them, it was obvious they made them for someone who wore a child's size. Which would not be me. So I re-ordered them, and this time, they got the size right, but there was no star. And I really wanted that star. I called them this morning, and told them I would be returning pair #2. Their fault. When I pay that much for something custom, I expect it to be perfect, and just as I ordered it. Now, ONE WOULD THINK that the owner of the company, whom I spoke with, might say...We are SO SORRY, and if you can live with the fact that there is no star on your butt, keep the pants at no cost. BUT NO. So they have lost a good customer. A customer who, after singing the praises of said pants at the barn, would have surely sent them some referral business. A customer who, however, is NOT going to give them a third chance. I am surprised I gave them the second one.

I really wanted that star on my butt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one star, coming up!

The Dream said...

That's sucks - I know how stoked you were about having that star.

bat_outta_hell said...

I'll get that star on my butt. The ink and needle kind. I will again be a canvas. A marked woman. But this time, the design will not be my own. I am putting that task upon another. I seem to be putting a lot of things into his hands.