Friday, February 02, 2007

The needle and the damage done



I think a person, including their body, should be a work in progress. I consider my body as a canvas, and I paint and pierce it. And like some of my art, at times, I re-paint and re-pierce and change things until I am more satisfied with the results. This is an example of such. A surgical removal of a tattoo, and a cover-up of another. My only regret is that I did not keep the skin they cut off. I would have preserved and framed it. But the doctor wanted it. I wonder why.

5 comments:

The Dream said...

ouch. i'm such a wimp - minimal piercing and no tatoos. my old friend Cindy is a tatoo artist and her work is amazing. i'll have to forward her info to you.

The Dream said...

Her name is Cyndy Rudzis - and she's on Tammy's friend list on MySpace. Check her out. She's a RISD-ee grad and super talented.

bat_outta_hell said...

Eileen...I know of Cyndy, and her work. I have this thing about only letting men ink and pierce me. Except for the piercings I do myself. JH is used to coming home to find me in front of a mirror with an ice cube and an upholstery needle. Big shocker there, eh?

The Dream said...

That's cool that you know her. Wow ... you are mondo brave to be piercing yourself. I would be flat on the floor. Keep warm!

bat_outta_hell said...

Sometimes, being flat on the floor is the only way I can reach what I am piercing.