Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Takin care of business...


A day of work. A power lunch, contract negotiations. Terms and conditions. Considerations given. All those things required to make life work the way you want it to. Or at least something to fall back on if it doesn't.

So off comes the artist hat today, along with the riding helmet. Instead, I shall wear my crown. Queen of the Contracts. Goddess knows I have written enough of them...in a previous life I had a real estate brokerage. Pimping houses.

New torso forms arrived yesterday. If my business doesn't exhaust me to the point where I need to spend the afternoon napping, I will start on my next body piece...male...shoulders, back and ass...maybe a nice barbed wire tattoo across his shoulders. Rather symbolic of my work today.

If you ever get annoyed
Look at me I'm self-employed
I love to work at nothing all day

BTO

4 comments:

The Dream said...

One of my fave three-chord songs! Contract negotiations yesterday with no art, no horses - ew ... I overworked a painting and killed it - that sucked. Rose told me this a.m. that she left you a comment - she's so cool.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't exactly call what you do "nothing." I was thinking about a male torso to, for a while, but decided that I want to stick with the female - despite doing energy work to get the two to come together in my own body...I'm rather (understatement) tilted toward the feminine in all her dark and light.

Anonymous said...

when the time comes my queen, we shall see who serves whom.

Gel said...

Like this song, too.
Was going to roll back into bed (alone) b/c no one here now, but the "peaceful easy feeling" of "sounds of silence" normally in nature and around my house has been blasted by "things" removing trees with a machine that is driving me batty. (no reference to you intended)

U deserve the crown. Negotiating is work and an art, in itself...