Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Snow Queen

You're a cushion uncrumpled
You're a bed that's unruffled
The finest bone china,
Bone china around

And I believe that the snow queen
Lives somewhere in the hills
She's got the world on a string
Like white wine when it's chilled

Arms are spread like icicles
Upon a frosted cake
The snow queen reigns
Behind the cold black gates

Your talents are tested
They're polished and they're shaped
Your talents are wasted
On men of no taste

Words in my head today courtesy of Bernie Taupin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stand in awe of your music in your head catalog. Husband knows words like that. Me - I just know the beat.

bat_outta_hell said...

Tammy..

I can't remember what the date is, or how old I am. But I get an emotion or feeling in my head, and words just seem to come back to me. Guess it's a matter of priorities. Or maybe it's just senility.

Anonymous said...

Oooh- I like these lyrics. Reminded me of Elton John, so I googled and found out Bernie whom, you mentioned, is the lyracist. Never knew that. I'm not musically talented like you apparently are. I dance...or try, but singing is too nice a word to describe the sounds that emerge from my diaphragm. Thanks for sharing.
Fits the weather and could fit some people I know.