Saturday, February 03, 2007

Wild horses couldn't drag me away



This is Boo. Registered name..... A Beauty Investment. And normally, she is. But today, a combination of a full moon and the fact that she is just coming out of heat made her anything but beautiful. K, who is my surrogate rider, and in charge of making sure Miss Boo is cool, calm, and collected when I get on her, hit the ground hard. You would have thought that mare was a bucking rodeo bronco. Then she charged back to the barn like a race horse. There was no stopping her until she ran herself into a fence. Gratefully, K was not hurt. Thankfully, neither was Boo. Luckily, I was not the one on her back. So we are now charting her cycles, in attempt to NOT have these events coincide in the future. I thought my days of concern over such things were over. Guess not.

3 comments:

The Dream said...

A definite beauty - breathtaking! Even if I don't ride any time in the near future, I would like to meet your horses, just to be near them.

I revised my latest painting and retitled her. More truth.

I forgot to sign your painting, so anytime you feel inclined to extend an invitation ...

Looking forward to time at The Door together!

Anonymous said...

Ah, we females and our moon cycles...once my husband didn't believe in them. But he has lived a long time with me, and now keeps tabs on when the full is approaching. =]

bat_outta_hell said...

3 days before, during, and 3 days after. And being a Cancer moon baby, it effects me triple. The men in my life know all too well that it's a roller coaster ride. Hopefully, worth the price of the ticket.